home > stories > 5 bathroom cabinets for characterful storage
5 bathroom cabinets for characterful storage
These cupboards can clear your counters while keeping order beautifully in your bathroom
written on: 30-05-2018 16:30pm
Bathrooms aren’t usually one of the biggest rooms, yet they have numerous bulky must-haves like the bath, shower or sink that need to be accommodated. Smart storage and clean counters thus become key in making this room look spacious while accommodating all these facilities. One way to do this is through cabinets that can provide that additional storage as well as contribute to the décor of the room. Scroll through some of our favourite ideas and be inspired.
1. Go vintage Repurpose a vintage chest of drawers to create a freestanding bathroom vanity. Here, white double basins sit perfectly on the vanity while a fresh coat of paint on the mirror further complements the luxurious look.
2. O-Natural If you do not have too much counter space, you can still have your toiletries close at hand. All you need to do is combine your basin with a cabinet. Although a tight space, this bathroom manages to pack in a black sink, a dark toned vanity, brass fittings and many different textures and patterns without being overwhelming.
3. Pretty in pink An upcycled cupboard and new hardware can make a great addition to the bathroom. Combining country with shabby chic, this compact room uses white as its base tone while the pale pink vanity adds some oomph without being imposing on the space. The other touches here – the metro tiled wall, storage ladder, wicker waste basket, plants and pink print – create an eclectic scheme.
4. All in one This freestanding cupboard is the all in one solution. It not only stores away all your lotions, bath products and linen but can also house and conceal the sink.
5. Spa it up If you have a large enough bathroom, go for the spa look. This one has a built-in counter and cabinet with shutters that replicate the pattern of the door to maintain continuity. For a serene feel the walls, floor and cabinet are all in the same pale cream tone.
Tip: To really highlight the spa vibe, roll up towels and stack them on open shelves.